A.E.G. C.VII

The A.E.G. C.VII was an experimental entry in the A.E.G. C series and was produced with two different wing configurations.

The most successful entry in the A.E.G. C series was the C.IV, which introduced a fixed forward firing machine gun. It had a welded steel tube fuselage, with wooden wing ribs and a fabric covering. The C.VII was an experimental development of the same basic design.

The C.VII was produced in two versions, both appearing in December 1916. Both used the same fuselage and tail and 160hp Mercedes D.III engine, but they differed in their wings. One prototype had straight wings, with the upper wing larger than the lower. The second had a straight lower wing but a heavily swept upper wing, and was also give a large spinner on the propeller. Neither type entered production.

Engine: Mercedes D.III
Power: 160hp
Crew: 2
Span: 36ft 5 1/8in
Length: 20ft 4 1/8in
Empty weight: 1,668lb
Loaded weight: 2,462lb
Max speed: 103.12mph
Climb Rate: 3,280ft in 4 min

Books on the First World War | Subject Index: First World War

How to cite this article: Rickard, J (8 February 2016), A.E.G. C.VII , http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_AEG_CVII.html

Delicious Save this on Delicious

Help - F.A.Q. - Contact Us - Search - Recent - About Us -  Subscribe in a reader - Join our Google Group - Cookies