The 37th Fighter Group (USAAF) was a fighter unit that served as part of the defense force of the Panama Canal from 1940 until 1943. The group was activated in the Canal Zone on 1 February 1940 and equipped with the Boeing P-26. It later converted to the P-40 Warhawk, which it used until it was disbanded on 1 November 1943.
Boeing P-26 followed by Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
|22 December 1939||Constituted as 37th Pursuit Group|
|1 Feb 1940||Activated in Panama Canal Zone|
|May 1942||Redesignated 37th Fighter Group|
|1 Nov 1943||Disbanded|
Capt Russell E Randall: 1 Feb 1940
Maj Milo N Clark: 27 May 1940
Lt Col Morley F Slaght: 1942
Maj Ernest H Beverly: 2 Sep 1942-unknown
Albrook Field, CZ: 1 Feb
Howard Field, CZ: 30 Sep- 1 Nov 1943.
1940: IX Bomber Command
1940-42: 12th Pursuit Wing; Panama Canal Zone
1943: XXVI Fighter Command; Sixth Air Force